Children come from all parts of the village area of Machumba and other local villages, around the city of Arusha. These children have been losing their families due to certain circumstances, and they belong to a very high poverty and lack of resources.
To be able to serve them properly, the Upendo Face Orphanage Foundation was created, a non-profit organization, with registration number 08539 NGO / NGO.
- Create a day and full-time reception center, with the necessary infrastructures to care for children in distress. The center offers a place called "home", where to take care of the most basic needs and deficiencies due to lack of resources, a home with affection and love, a shelter where to sleep, a healthy nutrition and food, medical assistance, basic education before reaching compulsory school.
- Promote skills for Equality and equity in opportunities, where we can offer a dignified and better future, combat and help in the lack of resources. There are several preschool classrooms where they receive the first notions of education, such as: Basic English, Swahili (their mother tongue), Mathematics, Nature, Geography and socio-political history.
- Foster skills that help to build a Tolerant, Respectful, Peaceful Society, open to dialogue and understanding, diversity and other multicultural beliefs.
- Combat xenophobia and racism in society, making it an empathetic society for the most disadvantaged and unprotected, emphasizing in childhood and adolescence of children who suffer from lack of parents and / or family.
- "Carry out activities of International Cooperation for Development".
- "Promote Equality of opportunities between men and women", since childhood.
- Cooperation with other Associations and Organizations as far as possible.
- Disseminate gender issues among the children with whom we work. Therefore "We will promote equal opportunities between men and women" as well as "the participation and presence of women in political, economic, cultural and social life".